Formerly Pendleton Primitives

Monday, January 27, 2014

Pinned it, Made it!




    Before I canceled my blog and lost my creative flair I participated in Pinned it, Made it! Monday's with Tammy, blogger of Country Girl at Home.  I often looked forward to Mondays, perhaps, because my inner child could still participate in show and tell.  Not only did I look forward to Mondays, I also  was excited for the weekend prior because it meant I needed to find something productive to do whether it was trying out a new recipie or craft tutorial.  Many times my daughter would help and even sometimes the entire family would join in on the task that I was trying to complete which brought us closer as a family unit.  

    I have missed participating and I know Tammy has wondered if she will keep hosting the Pinned it, Made it! Mondays, however, I hope she continues to do so. Even though my family is recovering from an unfortunate event and we are monetarily challenged, I will strive to participate when I can.  It will be a new goal of repurposing like today's pin which cost me $0! So it's possible! I'll just have to get the mental cogs in motion to see what creative FREE pins I can come up with.

    Now let me show you my $0 repurposed pin from Corner blog.l





  • Materials List

  • Old T-Shirts
  • Scissors
  • Chalk
  • Measuring tape or ruler
  • Needle and thread (I used a sewing machine)

   I used one of my old stained T-shirts and one of my husbands as well.  I knew I wanted to make a basket similar to the one above, however, I didn't particularly want to commit to that size. I also used the slip knot method vs. sewing the ends together. The outcome was an adorable shabby chic tote perfect for my daughters American Girl doll and a little braided rag rug for her dolly as well.



    You can see dolly is ready for a winter pic-nic complete with pumpkin bread and Cracker Barrel syrup....ummmm...yummm?? 
    This is a very simple craft, one you don't need to commit to for an extended length of time which for me was essential.  It can be done completely by hand, no machine needed. For me the most important aspect was cost and since I had everything on hand I didn't need to spend a dime and now my daughter has a few small treasures to enjoy....minus the syrup.



On no! Look away, look away! Ugh! This is a view from our hotel room and as you can see, well, you can't see the sidewalk that was recently plowed. In fact, the pic-nic bench will be buried soon. At least we didn't have to make the hour long drive to school but husband did have to go in and make the hour  and a half long drive this morning. I've read they are ticketing folks on the roads so I'm praying he's safe and ticket free, we simply can't afford more negatives in our life. Only positives! 

Stay warm and cozy and if you get a chance, take a peek at my side bar and join my blog!

~Christina 

No comments:

Post a Comment