Formerly Pendleton Primitives

Thursday, January 30, 2014

The new house.

    And it's snowing again.  No real surprise there but I have a feeling with this blizzard like weather, our site work will be postponed until spring. The builder tells us they cannot pour the foundation until we reach above freezing temperatures and well, frankly, these storms seem never ending.

   To keep our spirits high we often look at the original housing brochure with the floor plan we chose. Right now it's tattered and on the floor next to the little guy because he carries it around like a security blanket.  He just doesn't quite understand the depth of the situation.  The other day I asked him to point to his room and after he did so, I drew in furniture and he seems quite pleased now.  I also bought him a childrens book on construction to help explain the process of tearing down and rebuilding and now there are less cries for the old house.

   So I thought I would share with you what we ordered from Hart Housing.  We chose a very economical HUD home with the very basic amenities.  With The Pulse we had almost no choices as far as decor. Black cabinets, paneled walls, faux stone vinyl floors and one color carpet. Nothing fancy in the least. We did opt to put in ceiling mount electrical for each of the rooms but could not afford the actual lights/fans so we will have to install them later as we can afford it. We also opted for the fourth bedroom but then gave up a patio door.

  One option we did have was placement and exterior color. We chose to have the home run vertical on our property so the entrance is the mud room.  I liked the idea of kids coming in wet, muddy, dirty and being able to take off their outdoor attire before entering the rest of the home.  I also liked that while I am washing dishes, I can look out and watch them play on their swing set. Now for the exterior color I chose a slate grey siding and red shutters. When I looked at the two together I instantly thought Colonial and that my friends, sold me.

  It's a very plain shoe box home, no real roof pitch and the decor is not at all our style; however, it will be brand spanking new.  We don't have to worry about what the previous home owners did within its four walls. It's a clean home and it will be ours. We will provide plenty of character.





  


     I'm pretty excited about a few things like the fourth bedroom, which we opted to do, two full baths and a separate laundry room. It just can't be built soon enough.

    So friends, what do you think? Leave me a comment or send me a message. I do enjoy you stopping by and I'm so glad some of you have managed to find your way to the new blog!

  Stay warm.

  ~Christina 


 

4 comments:

  1. Hey No Place Like Home, especially when brand new.
    I love the kitchen layout and the black cavinets.
    I just can't stop thinking how awful this ordeal has been.
    Having all the crappy snow doesn't help either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sweet Friend, so nice to find you once again. I love this new home, lots of room and can't wait to see what you do decorating to make it your own. Good Luck, Hugs Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it! Love the black cabinets. I know you will make it so warm and cozy and the fact that it is yours and brand spanking new. How nice! I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to read of your troubles.but am thrilled you are getting a new house, it's not the floor plan that makes it HOME it's the people and the love in it...I'm a new follower and look forward to reading more posts and watching you make this home your own hugs lil raggedy Angie

    ReplyDelete